This global day isn’t just about giving, it’s about making a difference for charities like ours. There are many ways that you can give back to charities in support of the work that they do – and they don’t all have to involve giving money. Here are some ways you can give back:
- Support your favourite charity, or find a new charity supporting a cause close to your heart. Here is a charity search by the Charities Aid Foundation.
- Buy some items for your local food bank. Most supermarkets have collection points for donations to food banks so just buy an extra item or two with your regular shopping.
- Find a campaign that you wish to support and write to your MP. Here is a campaign by the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) to ask for more to be done to ‘Flatten the Mental Health Curve’.
- If you are buying Christmas Cards this year, why not buy Christmas cards in support of your chosen cause, or cards that are sold by a charity.
- Spread the word! Talk to your friends and family about Giving Tuesday and the importance of supporting charities. Spread the word on social media using #GivingTuesday.
Your support can make a huge difference to the people we work with. To donate or to find out other ways to support Step One, such as fundraising, click the ‘Donate’ button below.